Adding crocheted edges to my Japanese *Tenugui* scarf ♪手ぬぐいスカーフに縁編みしました♪


I love adding crocheted edges to sewn projects because it simply adds that pretty touch. It doesn't take much time either :)

手持ちの手ぬぐいスカーフに、かぎ針編みの縁編みをしてみました。


This time I added crocheted edges to my Japanese "te-nu-gui" scarf that I got from Kyoto, Japan, a few years back. "Tenugui" (teh-nu-gooy) is a thin Japanese hand towel made of cotton. It is very lightweight and super absorbent.

この手ぬぐい、数年前に友人と京都を訪れた時に購入したものです。




Here, the edges are worked directly onto the sewn "te-nu-gui" scarf. The tenugui is so thin that poking holes using crochet hook is a breeze.  I only used single crochet and chains.

直接、手ぬぐいの縁にかぎ針で縁編みをしてみました。



Once again, I worked in the car while I waited for our girls' activities... 

バッグに手ぬぐいと、レース糸、かぎ針を持ち歩き、駐車場に停めた車内で娘たちの学校や塾の待ち時間に編み編みしました。




Adding crocheted edges was very quick and easy, yet I love how it turned out!

くさり編みと、細編みだけのいたってシンプルな縁編みですが、仕上がりには満足です♪

***Love, Amy***

2 comments:

Svetlana said...

it looks perfect!!! I so love how your pretty scarf turned out.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your tenugui looks lovely Amy with the crochet edge. The black and white print is very striking.

We bought some tenugui in Kyoto too - ours are of Japanese scenes and we have framed them. They are a lovely reminder of our trip to Japan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails