Fabric journal covers


My latest projects: fabric journal covers.   Actually, the patchwork journal cover on the far left of this upper photo (the one with linen + flower + dots) is made by me a few weeks ago which was posted on this post, so this week I made the remaining two covers.  

I will be donating all of these journal covers to the Write It Out Project, organized by a wonderful lady, Alida L.   She is organizing this Project for those who lost their husbands at war... She is collecting handmade journals for the grieving military widows, and she even posted on her blog an easy-to-follow tutorial on how to make the journal covers.   According to Alida, journal writing help the grieving souls in the difficult times...   Please go and check out her post if you are interested.  Her story is very touching.

On the other hand I wanted to show you what we received in our mail today!  This was a surprise gift from my dear blog friend, Sam of Sunnysidey, and it was not for me, but for my ten year old daughter Lisa, who just picked up embroidery recently and enjoys it with great pride... 

The gift is a glow-in-the-dark embroidery threads that Lisa wanted ever since we saw them on Sam's beautiful embroidery work  recently.  Thank you so much, Sam, for your kindness and generousity.  You won't believe how our young embroiderer was delighted to receive such a wonderful gift!!! 

And these glow-in-the-dark threads REALLY glows in the dark!!  WOW!!


4 comments:

Sam said...

That journal project is amazing. I hope to make one or two when I get my sewing machine back.
You're more than welcome for the threads :-) I'm so happy that Lisa likes them.

Alida L. said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful! Thank you so much, I can't wait to see them in person!

Unknown said...

Hi, Sam! Lisa continues to love her glow-in-the-dark threads and although she hasn't had a chance to embroider with the thread yet, every night she enjoys the "glowiness" of these threads at dark in her bed!!

Thank you for your suggestions, too. We'll try the "whipping around a backstitched ordinary floss" method that you recommended ;)

Unknown said...

Alida, thank you for your comments. I hope you like these journal covers in person, too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails